With the “MLS is Back” tournament fast approaching and all 26 teams preparing to compete to win the Florida-based tournament, we asked Twitter readers what the league should name the trophy that will be on the line (along with a Champions League berth and prize money) in Orlando.
Out of the 20+ responses that we got, we’ve compiled a list of our favorite names for the glorious prize that awaits the tournament’s winner.
- The COVID Cup - @LancadelphiaPA
- The Social Distance Shield - @t_walt6
- The Walt Disease World Cup - @TheDoopScoop
- The Mickey Mouse COVID House Cup - @UnionNut26
- The Coronacaf Cup - @WVaquahombre
- The MLS Summer Camp Cup, The Orlando Thanks for Coming but Go Back to Your Homes Cup, The Florida Man Cup - @borton_89
- The Sippy Cup - @MarshProduces
- The U.S. Isn’t Open Cup - @FatherofBen
- The Coronar Cup - @Rich_Lori
- The Quarantine Cup - @LjNolek
- The Bad Choices Championship - @kimop182
What other ideas do you have both serious and ridiculous to name the trophy that the Philadelphia Union will hopefully be lifting on August 11?