clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Jamiro Monteiro included in fan vote for MLS Player of the Week award

Monteiro joins Carlos Vela, Victor Ulloa and Nicolas Gaitan in fan vote

MLS: Philadelphia Union at Toronto FC Nick Turchiaro-USA TODAY Sports

Philadelphia Union midfielder Jamiro Monteiro is one of the four players up for the fan vote portion of the MLS Player of the Week award after scoring the game-winning goal in Toronto on Saturday.

Monteiro is joined in the Twitter vote by Carlos Vela, Victor Ulloa and Nicolas Gaitan.

The Twitter vote comprises 25 percent of the voting while the other 75 percent is from a panel of journalists from the North American Soccer Reporters, which consists of members from print, television, radio and online media.

The now former Philadelphia Union forward David Accam was named the MLS Player of the Week in the fourth week of the season.