I spoke with a source with the Philadelphia Union about the possibility of snow during Sunday's match against the New England Revolution, and I was told that as of right now the match on Sunday will proceed as planned. The club is monitoring the incoming storm, and while a final determination will be made late Saturday or early Sunday, the club does not anticipate it having to reschedule the match at this time. They went on to say that the safety of the club's fans is of paramount concern, and that if things got bad they would consider postponing the match.
"It's frustrating. Over the past two months we've had beautiful weather, and any day but Sunday would have been perfect for the home opener" the source said. They went on to say that they had confidence that the match would go on according to plan.
While the weather situation might be uncertain, one thing was not - if it's snowing it'll be ORANGE BALL TIME!