As Friday beckons, the Philadelphia Union and the Sons of Ben continue to promote their charity match at PPL Park. The two sides held a press conference to bring more attention to the first annual River Cup, which will help provide funding for local youth club Chester City United.
Union CEO Nick Sakiewicz and Sons of Ben President Matt Ansbro sat at a table and went over the details of the game, before delving into some light hearted back-and-forth smack talk. The video of the press conference, edited down to its current length by the Union, is below.
- Sakiewicz specified that "100% of the $10" tickets that are being sold as the admission fee for the River Cup will go to Chester City United.
- Tickets can be purchased at the ticket window of PPL Park on gameday.
- The Union's website has this nice little tidbit included in the info section on the River Cup: *Ticket includes $5 off one ticket to a game in August."
- Gates open at 6 pm and the game kickoff is set for 6:30 pm.
- Parking is free in Lot B
- For more information on the River Cup, please click the linked text here.