Do you have free time? Do you have a reasonable, or high, level of writing ability?
The Brotherly Game has openings for a few positions on its writing staff:
- United States Men's National Team reporter/columnist:
- Do you have a desire to cover the United States Men's National Team and want to write about the USMNT?
- Do you watch every game and closely follow roster moves, along with players on the outs or possibly getting into the squad?
- Harrisburg City Islanders reporter/columnist:
- Are you able to attend games?
- Do you enjoy USL PRO soccer?
- Are you willing to possibly attend games as a credentialed employee of BG instead of as a fan?
- General writers (Union related):
- Are you able to attend games (this doesn't affect your status on the 'application')?
- Do you follow the Union closely?
- How much free time do you have?
- Can you separate your fandom from your writing (doesn't mean you can't express opinion when warranted)?
Send me a sample (or multiple ones, if you have them) to email@example.com, while also submitting drafts for the following prompts:
For USMNT applications: Please write a straight news story (minimum of 150 words) on the NT's roster for the upcoming Hex World Cup qualifying campaign and also an opinion piece (minimum of 150 words) on your predictions for the Hex this cycle.
For HCI applications: Please write about the team's partnership with the Union. Submit one straight news story (minimum of 150 words) on the new part of the two teams' relationship and one article (minimum of 150 words) with your opinion on why you think this progression is a good - or bad - step for both sides.
For Union applications: Please write a piece on how best to utilize Roger Torres in this upcoming season (minimum of 150 words). Also provide a short (minimum of 150 words) news piece on the Union cutting six players from their preseason roster yesterday.