I haven't done one of these in a while, so here goes. Just some random observations from the Revs match. As always, feel free to tell me why I'm wrong or what I'm missing. I love good conversations.
- Saer Sene is a feakin' beast! Dude had his way most of the match, it seemed.
- MacMath looked to get lucky on a couple of balls. That's OK - sometimes I'd rather be lucky than good.
- I absolutely love watching Brian Carroll play. He's (obviously) never flashy. But he makes so many smart decisions, and plays such a great team game. Next time you see Valdes or Okugo roaming forward offensively, look back at the defensive line and you'll see Brian Carroll covering. Just smart, team soccer.
- Speaking of Brian Carroll and Amobi Okugo (sort of)... I've ssen enough of the Carroll-Gomez combination in midfield. I don't want to see any more of it. Gomez seems to be regressing as the year goes on, and he and Carroll still can't seem to play together. Assuming Soumare is healthy, in my world he starts at CB. Okugo moves from CB into Gomez's spot in midfield. Carroll stays and does his thing right where he should be.
- Penalty kick aside, Freddy Adu looked lost to me during the match. I don't know if NE did something particular to shut him down early, and that lead to him getting frustrated, or just a bad night, or I'm way off base. His passes and his footwork didn't seem as sharp as usual for him, though.
- In what's becoming a recurring theme... the ref sucked. But, I guess, he sucked equally for both sides., so it all balances out? Maybe?
- My lineup for Saturday: MacMath; Garfan, Valdex, Soumare, Williams; Marfan, Carroll, Okugo; Pajoy, McInerney, Adu.