Heading into todays game we knew it would be an uphill battle but the U will not score playing like this.
Apparently we lost our swagger this offseason as well as our players, what happened to our mentality of "were going to score one more then you" now its were going to defend for the whole game and hopefully well get a goal.
This style is unattractive, i could care less.... if it worked. Were in the MLS Nowak, were not facing world class strikers we dont need to have a mentality of defend first attack second, maybe when we face a BPL team.
Our Problems are a long list. Ill try to start it out
1. our mentality (touched on it up ^^ there)
2. Pajoy. Im being serious, i think every time he touched the ball he turned it over, somehow the ball landed on his feet inside the 18 and i thought he was going to score, turnover. I honestly think that sometimes players wont pass it to Pajoy because he sucks on the ball.
3. According to the broadcast Adu said "people need to remember im only 22" does that mean we expect less of someone who is younger? someone who is suppose to be the star on the team? He needs mentality check as well.
4. I really like our back line, as long as we keep 3 players back we should be fine and not worried about the counter attack, and one of the outside backs should enter the attack as well.
5. We actually did a good job of getting to the attacking third on the field. We got 1 shot that the keeper got his hands on, it was a slow roller and i dont know if it was even on target.. IT WAS THE KEEPERS FIRST START IN THE MAJORS! shoot the damn ball
I dont know what else to add. Im a senior in high school and next year ill be moving away, meaning I wont have my SOB tickets and I wont get the chance to watch every game as I do this year. Im very upset, after the season last year I thought we could only get better, then the offseason came. This is my last chance to watch the U this vividly and this is just upsetting. I feel bad for any fan of this team, dont get me wrong, I love the U just as much now as I would if they were undefeated... I just feel like it was a cheap shot and blindsided.