Phil Schoen of GolTV talked to the Brotherly Game about the Philadelphia Union, soccer and life. (Photo courtesy of Phil Schoen, Twitter)
Phil Schoen was nice enough to give the Brotherly Game some of his time about a week and a half ago. The GolTV play-by-play announcer discussed plenty of topics with the Brotherly Game, some of which included the Philadelphia Union.
Here are some highlights of the chat:
- Schoen's time with GolTV, along with his coverage of Colombian soccer, has enabled him to have a more advanced take on players from South and Central America. This led him to being able to give a scouting report, of sorts, on Gabriel Gomez.
- The Gomez signing will excite fans, Schoen believes. He's like a linebacker on a soccer field.
- Ray Hudson is as entertaining to Schoen as to viewers of GolTV.
- Broadcasters do have lives outside of soccer and their jobs.
- He has yet to see the movie "Finding Forrester." This news made me sad and prevented me from making what I thought would be an interesting analogy.