Phil Schoen was nice enough to give the Brotherly Game some of his time about a week and a half ago. The GolTV play-by-play announcer discussed plenty of topics with the Brotherly Game, some of which included the Philadelphia Union.
Here are some highlights of the chat:
- Schoen's time with GolTV, along with his coverage of Colombian soccer, has enabled him to have a more advanced take on players from South and Central America. This led him to being able to give a scouting report, of sorts, on Gabriel Gomez.
- The Gomez signing will excite fans, Schoen believes. He's like a linebacker on a soccer field.
- Ray Hudson is as entertaining to Schoen as to viewers of GolTV.
- Broadcasters do have lives outside of soccer and their jobs.
- He has yet to see the movie "Finding Forrester." This news made me sad and prevented me from making what I thought would be an interesting analogy.