The River Cup will take place tonight at 6:30 pm at PPL Park. Tickets are being sold at the stadium for $10, all of which goes towards Chester City United. Parking in Lot B is free and there will be no shuttles from the train stations, so driving is the best option.
Here's our list of predictions for the first annual River Cup between the Sons of Ben and Philadelphia Union staff (feel free to create odds on these if you'd like):
- Piotr Nowak will welcome Sons of Ben goalkeeper Dave Flagler to PPL Park by curling a ball upper-90 on a freekick.
- Kerith Gabriel will surprise everyone who doesn't realize he was a great collegiate defender at Drexel University by stonewalling most of the Union staff's attacks.
- Union Manging Partner, CEO and President Nick Sakiewicz will manage to go more than five minutes. He's underestimating himself.
- Sons of Ben President Matt Ansbro will sweat. A lot.
- Brendon Burke will out run everyone during the game. He's in shape.
- Judah Levine will be the first Jewish Union player to score a goal (and possibly the first Jewish player to score at PPL Park).
- Jameson Beates will be Man of the Match.
- Corey Furlan, Sons of Ben Vice President, and his brother Matt will be the Sons of Bens' Farfans.
- Mike Quarino, Union staff goalkeeper, will valiantly try to keep a clean sheet, but will turn around three or more times to see the ball in the back of his net.
- Travis Rego will stand out in his Sons of Ben jersey and kilt.
- Union staff player John Torres will not be mistaken for Roger Torres... unless the Union decided they wanted a ringer.